Hi friends! I hope you have been well these past 10+ days. Dave and I had a great time in Hawaii and I'm going to be honest and say a social media break felt so good. However, I am glad to be back and to get into the swing of things again.
I thought I'd do a quick recap of our trip through iPhone photos:
1. Plane trip there
2. Oahu from the air
3. Kailua beach where we spent our first 5 days
4. Sunrise in Kailua Beach - Thanks to jet lag I was up super early the first 4 to 5 days.
5. Flag above the USS Arizona that was sunk during Pearl Harbor. Very sombering to be there and made me appreciate my freedom
6. I ran!
7. Koko Crater trail - I sweated a disgusting amount climbing up that mountain but the view at the top was worth it.
8. Sometimes it's too sunny for selfies ;)
9. A luau - I liked the lei more than the luau.
10. Waterfall in Oahu - can't remember the name
11. We are 1!!! I told this to Dave at least 50 times :)
12. Volcano glow in the Big Island
13. I loved all the flowers
14. Akaka Falls on te Big Island
15. Mauna Kea - tallest mountain from the sea bed. One of my favorite things and also one of the scariest as we drove up there. I was so scared I almost puked.
16. Geckos - yes, I fed them some papaya.
17. Swimming with the dolphins. Can't even describe how fun it was to swim in the wild with them.
18. Waikiki beach - our last stop on the trip. I thought it was waaaaay overcrowded but we wanted to at least see what it looked like. There were two massive turtles hanging out there which was fun to see.
That's a quick recap of Hawaii. I can't wait to catch up with everyone and I hope you all are doing well!