Hello all my friends that run! Today I'm beyond excited to share with you about an awesome new running linkup that Amanda and I are hosting called 'Runners Tell All'.
Before I tell you all about it I just gotta say that, although I've been a runner for a while, this is the first time in about 2 years that I have motivation and desire to run. Through these past two years I have kept running off and on and even managed to do a few half marathons but my heart wasn't in it. And let me tell you, if your heart isn't in it, then I swear, your joints and body hurt 100x more. =) I think this running linkup is going to be a great help in my training this year and I hope it will be for you too.
Amanda and I have worked hard (like really really hard) in brainstorming and creating this awesome linkup and we are looking forward to seeing you join in. We are hoping to build a community of runners where we can encourage each other, have fun, and get to know each other better. I don't know about you but when I read good running stories I'm a bit more inspired to get out there and run. Also, I am biased, but I think the running community is one of a kind. I mean, what other sport can you do where you frantically hope the next 'pooper potty' is soon and your running partner thinks it normal? =)
Here is the run down of how it will work:
- 21st - The linkup will be on the 21st of each month. The great part about this? You don't have to remember if it's the third or forth Thursday of the month. It happens every 21st! Easy, right?
- Monthly Topics - The posts for each month are listed for you at the bottom of this post. We wanted you to know in advance; giving you time to prepare and write.
- Giveaway - We will be hosting a monthly giveaway featuring a running product. Even if you don't have a blog you are welcome to enter the giveaway. There will be a variety of ways to enter.
- Sponsors - We are offering two, runner tell all, sponsor options each month. These spots will run from the 21st of one month until the 21st of the next month. You will get your blog button on both of our sidebars and you will co-host the giveaway for that month. You can pick a $10 option with 2 entries into the Rafflecopter or a $15 option with 3 entries into the Rafflecopter giveaway. If you are interested in being a sponsor please e-mail me at email@example.com. I will create a paypal invoice for you and get all the needed information. These will be sold each month, on a first come first serve basis.
- Community - Please visit the blog who linked up before you. Encourage them, get to know them and show them some running support.
- Button - Please grab the button or link back to us in your posts. The more the merrier.
- What's Not Required - Personally, I don't like linkups where you HAVE to follow the hosts and co-hosts. This is about building community not adding numbers numbers to our followers.
February 21 - how and/or why you started running in 250 words
March 21 - favorite running gear and/or product
April 21 - A bad race or training and what you learned from it
May 21 - a favorite running picture
June 21 - Favorite and/or proudest running moment
July 21 - Nutrition - Your go to nutrition to optimize training or what you eat to get you through races
August 21 - favorite person to train with or your favorite training plan
September 21 - your race bucket list
October 21 - most memorable running experience
November 21 - biggest running fan / running hero
December 21 - running reflections from 2014 and your 2015 running goals
If you have any questions, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org Also, if you aren't a runner but want to be go check out Amanda's blog. She has a 7 post series called How to Start Running.
I'm looking forward to hearing you stories!